Afternoon Educational Series – February 28, 2019
PPPRI presents the Afternoon Educational Series:
Thursday, February 28, 2019, 3:30 p.m. – 5 p.m.
RI Community Food Bank, Providence
Rebroadcast of Webinar: Emotional Intelligence for Gift Planners: Increase Your Job Satisfaction & Productivity
Come and learn how you can use emotional intelligence to better your job satisfaction, career and have more meaningful conversations with your donors. This is a rebroadcast of the December 12, 2018 webinar presentation by Steve Goodner, CAP, EQAC, EQPC, VSCC of Goodner Strategic. Courtesy of National Association of Charitable Gift Planners.
Light refreshments will be served. There will be networking and a tour of the Food Bank after the presentation for anyone that is interested.
See below for a description of the webinar from the website of National Association of Charitable Gift Planners:
To be most successful in your work as a charitable planner, you need more than technical know-how. You also need to be very strong in the range of competencies known as emotional intelligence. Emotions drive our behavior and influence the people we work with, both positively and negatively. Fortunately, emotional intelligence is a skill set that can be learned, and that learning starts with an understanding of strengths and weaknesses. In this webinar, we’ll examine some things that happen in a gift planner’s work that might indicate there’s room for improvement in your EQ.
Are any of these situations familiar? You’ll learn possible causes and remedies during this program:
- You have a hard time getting to the heart of donors’ connection with your organization. They don’t seem all that excited.
- After a lot of conversation about a potential gift, donors often don’t pull the trigger.
- You’re easily discouraged when donors say ‘no.’
- The people you manage aren’t very productive. They seem to be working hard, but they aren’t meeting goals.
- You see things at work that you feel need to be done differently, but you aren’t able to convince anyone else of it.
- Your boss only cares about dollars raised, not about building relationships with donors.
Space is limited so register today!